This roundtrip package will be doing overland from Makassar to Rantepao. The
highlight of this package is visiting Torajaland ‘Tanah Toraja’ where ancestor worship includes elaborate death and afterlife ceremonies, the deceased’s remains are placed in a coffin and interred in caves hollowed out in high cliffs. To complete the package we are adding the visit to Bugis land at Bira and Sengkang.
- Day 01: Makassar Arrival then overland to Bira (Meals: Lunch, Dinner) Upon arrival at Hasanuddin Airport – Makassar (required to have a.m. arrival) we will provide meeting service and then driving to Bora the southern coast. En-route will be visiting the traditional boat builders industry at Tana Beru where can be seen hundreds of boats in the Bantilang (Boat houses).
- Day 02: Bira to Sengkang (Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) The journey today will be heading to Sengkang. Passing Sinjai with its pleasant journey, hilly drive around the slopes of Mount Lampobatang. In the afternoon will be visiting Andi Mappassissi Museum, where many traditional Bugisnese houses are still remain.
- Day 03: Sengkang to Torajaland (Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) In the morning the excursion will be visiting Lake Tempe the only marine outlet for the Wajo people. Another stop will be made to visit the famous traditional home silk factory. In the afternoon the journey will be continued driving onto Rantepao city of Toraja Highland for overnight.
- Day 04: Torajaland Lemo Excursion (Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) It is a full day excursion to explore the culture of Toraja Highland. In the morning will be visiting several interesting sites such as Lemo; one of the most impressive cliff-side grave sites in the entire region, Suaya; the royal tombs, Sayuan; the burial cave and the baby grave on the tree at Sanggala. In the afternoon continue the excursion to visit the family compound with typical Toraja houses at Siguntu and the burial cave with effigies of noblemen and other community leaders at Londa or Tampangallo.
- Day 05: Torajaland Palawa Excursion (Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) It is another full day excursion to explore the culture of Toraja Highland. In the morning we will visit the villages of Palawa and Sa’dan, typical Toraja weaving. In the afternoon visit the village of Ke’te Kesu one of the region’s most visited “traditional villages”, idyllically situated in a virtual sea of rice fields, then onto Marante the oldest traditional village with several large tongkonans and rice barns, our last visit will be Nanggala.
- Day 06: Torajaland return to Makassar (Meals: Breakfast, Lunch) After an early breakfast, we will be using the same routing drive back to Makassar. Upon arrival at Makassar directly transfer to hotel in Makassar.
- Day 07: Makassar Departure (Meals: Breakfast) Morning will be free at own leisure, until due time for departure we will provide transfer to the airport for flight departure to other onward destination.