This is a very nice package will be doing Sumatra Overland from the North to the West offering the ‘What to See’ in Sumatra. The package is featuring Berastagi mountain resort, Lake Toba both Parapat and Samosir Island, Padang Sidempuan and Bukit tinggi highland.
- Day 01: Medan Arrival then transfer to Berastagi (Meals: Dinner) Upon arrival at Polonia Airport – Medan (required to have morning arrival) we will provide meeting service and then driving westward to Berastagi – a refreshing mountain resort which is two hours drive from Medan. En-route we will visit the traditional Batak Karo Tribal Village – Peceran, where ancient houses are still in use and also visit the colorful market.
- Day 02: Berastagi to Samosir Island (Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) In the morning a leisurely drives to Parapat the eastern shore of Lake Toba. En-route will be visiting Sipisopiso to view the slender waterfall drops into Lake Toba. Also visits the ancient Palace of King Simalungun at Pematang Purba. Upon arrival in Parapat the journey will be continued by riding the motorboat about 45 minutes to cross Lake Toba until Samosir Island.
- Day 03: Samosir Island Tour to Parapat (Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) A full day program touring by motorboat will be visiting the surroundings islands. The first visit will be Batak Toba Village of Tomok, then to Ambarita and Simanindo to witness folkdance performance of Batak Toba people. Return to hotel.
- Day 04: Samosir to Padang sidempuan (Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) Crossing back to Parapat by Ferry boat, arrival Parapat leaving to Padangsidempuan via Sibolga Gulf; a small harbor city and beach resort 180 km away from Parapat. En-route the journey will be visiting Lumban Garapa village to see another different Batak Toba traditional village, also visits Balige a small town with its richly ornamented market building. Then drive along the mountainous and winding road from the town of Tarutung via Sibolga to Padang Sidempuan for overnight.
- Day 05: Padang sidempuan to Bukit tinggi (Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) The journey today will be crossing province from the North to the West, it is rather long but worthwhile the passing sight scenery will be viewing of mountains, rivers, valleys and traditional villages. En-route pass and stop at The Equator Monument should nonetheless be remarkable in own personal record. Then continue to the most charming town the heart of Minangkabau Highland; of Bukit tingi for overnight.
- Day 06: Bukit tinggi (Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) It is a full day tour to explore the beautiful town of Minangkabau Highland. A photo stop will be made at the landmark of Bukit tinggi the Jam Gadang ‘Big Ben’, then visit the traditional market, the museum, Ngarai Sianok the grand valley. Continue to Koto Gadang; which is renowned for its fine silver work and hand embroidery, also visits the traditional villages Lima Kaum and Pariangan. Return to Bukit tingi for overnight.
- Day 07: Bukit tinggi to Padang for Departure (Meals: Breakfast) This is the last day of the trip and will be driving about two hours through the beautiful country side to Padang. Then we will provide transfer to the airport for flight departure to other onward destination.